Have you ever considered going to a Home Show but don’t know what to expect? Or maybe you have gone but were so overwhelmed you didn’t enjoy the experience. We’re here to help you explore your next local Home Show and get some great new ideas for your home!
What is a Home Show? Home Show’s offer a forum for you to interact with builders, decorators, landscapers, and a variety of people that offer home solutions. You’ll see the latest in products and services to enhance and renovate your home. From mortgage and equity providers, to landscaping, custom home builders, window, siding and roofing contractors and more!
When is the next show?
Seacoast Home and Garden Show April 6th and 7th at the Whittemore Center in Durham
10 AM – 5 PM Saturday, 10 AM – 4 PM Sunday
$8 adult tickets
What should I be looking for? Consider what home improvement projects you’d like to accomplish this year in your home. If you’re not sure where to start below is a list of the top improvement projects that provide the most return on investment.
1. Front Door replacement – this is a relatively cheap project but can do wonders for increasing energy efficiency and enhancing curb appeal!
2. Siding replacement – this also increases energy efficiency and provides for a whole new and clean look to your home.
3. Kitchen remodel – there is a lot of room on this one. You can just update fixtures or you can update all the cabinetry, flooring, appliances, and more.
4. Garage Door replacement – this gives a great new look to your garage for a relatively small cost and it will last a long time!
5. Deck addition – entertaining outside can greatly expand your home’s living space. A deck lasts for years for a relatively small budget. Bedroom addition – turn the attic or den into a bedroom by simply adding a closet and you’ll significantly increase the value of your home.
6. Window replacement – One of the biggest ways to improve upon your home’s energy efficiency! You’ll save money on heating and cooling and s your house will look great !Bathroom remodel – like a kitchen remodel this can be big or small by just updating fixtures or making your bathroom into a whole new room!
7. Add storage – older houses usually feature small closets and limited storage space. Adding closets and storage solutions is an inexpensive solution that really helps to sell a home
8. Update the nitty gritty! From plumbing, heating, electrical, sewer, or the roof -these things need to be done to keep the house safe and sound. You’ll be happy you made the investment before one of them has a problem.
Even if you’re not interested in a project right now, stopping by Home Show can inspire you for the future! Walk around your home and think about what you dream you could change . Don’t forget you can use the equity in your home to fund those improvements happen!