Ready to hit the open water in a new boat of your own? The Great Northeast Boat Show will be in Bedford this weekend so it’s the perfect time to get started on boat shopping!
A boat show gives you the opportunity to meet one-on-one with dealers and get answers to all the questions you may have. You can also board the boats on display to see different features and options available.
What to do before the Show:
- Research pricing on boats you’re interested in so you you’ll have a realistic budget. It’s also a good idea to visit the show’s website and review the list of exhibitor’s who will be at the show. Typically they offer good boat-show specials that are worth taking advantage of at the show.
- Prep questions about rebates, warranties, delivery dates, service, etc.
- Know the cost of not only the boat itself but upkeep, winter storage, insurance, if you’ll need to purchase a trailer or a boat slip and more.
- Get pre-approved for a loan before you go so you know how much you can afford and you have negotiating power.
At the show:
- Check out as many boats as you can!
- Interview dealers to find the right one for you
- Document everything! Note the boats you like, dealers you’d consider working with, and take home literature that includes photos of the boats you’re interested in. Make the most of the summer and the beautiful lakes of New Hampshire! Check out some boats you’d consider spending your summer on and make a day of it at our local Boat Show!