This agreement contains the terms and conditions for the use of the Granite State Credit Union Mobile Remote Deposit Capture and/or other remote deposit capture services that Granite State Credit Union or its affiliates (“GSCU”, “us”, or “we”) may provide to you (“you”, or “we”). Other agreements that you have entered into with GSCU, including Depository Agreement and Disclosures governing your GSCU account, are incorporated by reference and made part of this agreement. By accepting this agreement, you agree to the terms set forth within and agree to be subject to restrictions as set forth in this agreement. This agreement applies to Mobile Remote Deposit Capture (“Service”) which includes image transmission of paper negotiable instruments as defined as an eligible item. Every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays.
1. General terms/Service. The Service is designed to allow you to make deposits to your checking, savings, and money market accounts from home or other remote locations by taking images of checks and delivering images and the associated deposit information to GSCU. At this time there is no fee for this service.
2. Acceptance of these terms. Your use of the services constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement. This Agreement is subject to change as determined by GSCU and we will notify you of any material changes through previously agreed upon communication methods including electronic communication. Your continued use of this service will indicate your acceptance of the revised Agreement. Further, GSCU reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from the services. Your continued use of this service will indicate your acceptance of the revised Agreement.
3. Limitations on Service. When using the Service, you may experience technical or other difficulties. We cannot assume responsibility for any technical or other difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur. The Service has qualification requirements and we reserve the right to change the qualifications at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, or your use of the Service, in whole or in part, immediately and at any time without prior notice.
4. Limits. Mobile Remote Deposit Capture are limited to:
5. Eligibility. To be eligible for the Service you must have the following services at the credit union
Eligibility Limitations. You may not be eligible for these services if any of the following apply:
1) Your account is restricted for any reason including, but not limited to, fraud.
2) You have mishandled these services on your account.
3) You have not notified the Credit Union of change of address and/or we have received returned mail from you.
4) You have defaulted on any agreement with the Credit Union including, but not limited to, an account agreement, a loan agreement or a Courtesy Pay Repayment Plan.
Termination of these services or abuse/misuse of the Service product may result in the removal of mobile access by the credit union.
6. Eligible Items. You agree to image and deposit only checks as that term as defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC (“Reg CC”). You agree that the image of the check transmitted to GSCU shall be deemed an “item” within the meaning of Article 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code of Iowa. You agree that you will not use the Service to scan and deposit any checks or other items as shown below:
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than you.
- Check or items containing obvious alteration to any of the field on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn.
- Checks or items previously converted to a substitute check, as defined by Reg CC.
- Checks or items not payable in United States Currency.
- Checks or items dated more than 6 months prior to the date of the deposit.
- Checks or items payable to you and another party who is not a joint on the account.
- Checks or items that are post dated and deposited prior to the date on that item.
- Checks prohibited by GSCU current procedures relating to the Services or which are otherwise unacceptable.
- Checks or Items drawn on a financial institution located outside of the United States
- Checks or Items that are remotely created checks as defined in Reg CC.
7. Image Submission. The image submitted must be clear and legible, with the five items of negotiability, the payor and MICR lines on the check must also be legible to the credit union for processing. The image quality must meet the standards established by the American National Standards Institute, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, or any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association. Items not meeting specific standards as determined by system identification and or Credit Union standards are subject to rejection. If you have endorsed an item that has been rejected for submission through Service those items must be presented in person at one of our locations.
8. Endorsements. All checks submitted for deposit must be endorsed with the following restrictive endorsement: “For Mobile Deposit Only at GSCU” with your signature or as otherwise instructed by GSCU. The credit union will not accept third party checks through mobile deposit capture.
9. Funds Availability. I understand and agree that items transmitted utilizing Mobile Deposit are not subject to the funds availability requirements of Regulation CC. Funds deposited using the Mobile Deposit Service will be available after Granite State Credit Union receives payment for the item, however, Granite State Credit Union may choose to make the funds available to you earlier. Granite State Credit Union reserves the right to impose limits on the amounts and number of deposits that you may transmit and may periodically change these limits.
10. Receipt of Deposit. All images processed for deposit through Service will be treated as “deposits” under your current Account Agreement with us and will be subject to all terms of the Account Agreement. When we receive an image through the system, the system will notify you of receipt of the image. Receipt of the image does not mean that the item contains no errors and may not be rejected. We reserve the right, at our sole and absolute discretion, to reject any image for deposit into your account. The manner in which the items are cleared, presented for payment, and collected shall be in GSCU’s sole discretion subject to the Depository Agreement and Disclosures governing your account. You will be notified of all rejections. We are not responsible for images or items which we do not receive. Items that are received after 5:00pm Eastern Time will be processed on the next business day. We are not liable for any service or late charges levied against you due to our rejection of any item. In all cases, you are responsible for any loss or overdraft plus any applicable fees to your account due to an item being rejected or returned.
11. Retention of the Negotiable Instrument. You should securely retain the original checks(s) (deposited items) for a period of no less than 60 days. You agree that you will never re-present the original check unless specifically requested by the credit union. In the event that an item cannot be read through the Service process, the credit union may request the payee to submit the paper item for processing. After the end of the retention period, the original items should be destroyed writing “VOID” on the front of the check and then destroying it by crosscut shredding.
12. Errors. You agree to notify GSCU of any suspected errors regarding items deposited through the Service right away, and in no event later than 60 days after the applicable GSCU account statement.
13. Hardware and Software. In order to use the Service, you must obtain and maintain, at your expense, compatible hardware and software as specified by GSCU from time to time. See gscu.org for current hardware and software specifications. GSCU is not responsible for any third party software you may need to use the Service. Any such software is accepted by you as is and is subject to the terms and conditions of the software agreement you enter into directly with the third party software provider at time of download and installation.
14. Ownership & License. You agree that GSCU retains all ownership and proprietary rights in the Service, associated content, technology, and website(s). Your use of the Service is subject to and conditioned upon your complete compliance with this Agreement. Without limiting the effect of the foregoing, any breach of this Agreement immediately terminates your right to use the Services. Without limiting the restriction of the foregoing, you may not use the Service (i) in any anti-competitive manner, (ii) for any purpose which would be contrary to GSCU’s business interest, or (iii) to GSCU’s actual or potential economic disadvantage in any aspect. You may use the Services only for non-business, personal use in accordance with this Agreement. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works from the content and agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the technology used to provide the Services.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES
(i) WILL MEET YOUR REQIREMENTS,
(ii) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE,
(iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE,
(iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE TERMINATION OF THE USE OF THIS SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF GSCU HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
17. User warranties and indemnification. You warrant to GSCU that:
a. You will only transmit eligible items.
b. Images will meet the image quality standards.
c. You will not transmit duplicate items.
d. You will not deposit or represent the original item.
e. All information you provide to GSCU is accurate and true.
f. You will comply with this Agreement and all applicable rules, laws and regulations.
g. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless GSCU from any loss for breach of this warranty provision.
h. You agree tp keep your email up to date and notify GSCU of any change in your email immediately.
18. Other terms. You may not assign this Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Hampshire and of the United States. A determination that any provision of this Agreement is unenforceable or invalid shall not render any other provision of this Agreement unenforceable or invalid.