Fraud Protection for your Debit/ATM Card
Your financial wellness is our primary concern. Safeguarding your ATM/Visa Check Card is an important part of our business. We use a leading fraud protection service to detect suspicious activity.
No matter how careful you are with your financial records, criminals may still find ways to access your card information. By monitoring your normal spending patterns, our fraud protection service evaluates your transaction for risk of fraud. If a transaction is considered suspicious, a fraud specialist will contact you to verify whether it was authorized by you. If you confirm that the transaction is not legitimate, the card is immediately blocked to prevent fraud from recurring.
There are steps you can also take to protect yourself:
- Safeguard your ATM/Visa Check Card and PIN.
- Monitor your statements regularly for suspicious activity.
- If you are contacted by a fraud specialist, return the call as soon as possible. You will not be asked to provide any personal information, however, you will be asked to verify your identity.
- Notify GSCU if you plan to travel. Purchases made with your card outside of your local area may be a sign of suspicious activity.*
- Keep your contact information with us current.
- A lost or stolen card should be reported immediately by calling the Card Processing Center at 1-800-472-3272.
* If you're traveling abroad, you can continue to be able to access ATMs supporting the Visa or Plus networks with your GSCU ATM/Visa Check Card. However, please note due to recent international fraud, GSCU routinely blocks countries with excessive fraud from performing ATM/Visa Check Card transactions.
Important Information about Procedures For Opening a New Account